13 years ago
Monday, August 11, 2008
The Roof
Forty years - that's how long it took my husband Randy and me to get to The Roof in Salt Lake. Well, I guess it was just me that took that long, really, since Randy had worked at the restaurant as a "pearl diver" when he was a young man, along with his cousin Lynn. He would always talk about how they had enjoyed it and that someday he would take me there (as a customer, not a dishwasher). Well, he finally did it, and we went last Friday night to celebrate our 40th wedding anniversary. When we got to the parking garage, they even had free valet parking, so that made us feel really special. Our reservation was at 7:30, which turned out to be a lovely time because we got to see the sun set behind the temple. Our table had a really wonderful view, and I took a lot of pictures of the temple as the light changed during the evening. All they have is buffet dining, and it was quite tasty. I didn't waste time getting the kind of food I can get at home - I went for the more interesting dishes. My favorite from the salad bar was a roll up which was actually mostly lettuce, but some sort of tasty cheese in it. I did try every entree, I think, and that was all good - a slice of prime rib, some chicken and some pork and ahi tuna. THEN the two full tables of desserts! I only tried two things - the chocolate mint cake and the creme brulee. Wow! The cake was so rich and chocolatey, and the mint filling was just enough to keep your taste buds from drowning in chocolate. The creme brulee was rich, rich, rich, and the glaze was perfect and crispy-crunchy. I was totally satisfied with just that, and didn't even go back for seconds. I was surprised that it took us over an hour to eat. There was a live pianist, and the waitress was just friendly enough to be nice but not too hovering. All in all, very nice. Still, at $90 for the two of us, including tip, I don't think this will be a frequent treat! Maybe in another 40 years.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm so glad you had a good time there. Another late 'Happy
Anniversary' from the Shipleys!!
You have been tagged!! Check my blog for rules on what to do next. Can't wait to read about you more.
Post a Comment